I am currently planning to write a book on Swedish political history and lives in the welfare system. Here is ToC
Table of contents
”Sweden and the Swedes 1900-2010.
The ambition and failure to care for, control and develop bodies and souls”
1. Samples of welfare state lives and individuals 2011
Part 1 Hubris. 1900-1986.
2. History of the welfare state 1900-1986. Myrdals. Statist individualism 19th century. Child rearing, modernity, control.
2.1. Birth of welfare state 1900, 1906, 1932, 1945, 1957
2.2. Critique. Early social democrats, liberals, conservatives. Lindbom, Moberg.
2.3. Olof Palme 1969. LO, wage earners funds. Law 1974. Repressed culture.
2.4. 1976. Centre-right govnt. Crises. Literary criticism (Fagerberg et al)
2.5. 1982-1986. Palme back. Downfall
Part 2 Modern, rational and correct individuals and policies.
3.2. Higher education and research
4. Gender, families and sexuality
5. Security, clientelism and morals
6. Immigration and integration
7. Foreign policy.
7.1 Säpo, KGB
8. Business and economy
Part 3 Humility. 1986 – 2010
9. Economy and politics 1986- 2010
10. Community and individualism.
11. Social media opposition and new liberalisms.
12. Still corrected, still modern, still life
The last part 3 will be hard to picture but little has happend in the lives of citizens that really has given them more freedom. Security is the overall ambition yet. Trying to combine more freedom with individual responsibility is not seen yet.